Sunday, April 10, 2011

F!@#$*^ Cleanse.....

Started Thursday and Friday and had fun with it. Probably because I allowed myself Starbucks and dinner at Bisetti's in Fort Collins Friday - don't judge!

Yesterday I froze to death all day and didn’t feel well over all – especially tired. Have to keep up the water intake, so I lugged around a thermos full of hot water on errands. I wanted to cry at REI when there were no fitting rooms open and a woman was mean to me. Then a woman was nice to me and let me use her fitting room while she went to find other sizes, and I wanted to cry again.

I about went ballistic on Tom at the watch/sunglass counter for not acknowledging us.  After a while Patrick was also angry (I know, right, he's Mr. Patient, so you know it was bad!) and drug me away before Tom could be the first diagnosed with Shaken Adult Syndrome and I was banned from REI permanently. So far these are about the only mood swings I've experienced, which is good. Tom had it coming, and it would have been a normal reaction for me to give him a 2nd asshole. Wanting to cry over the availibility of a fitting room, however, is not normal!  Apparently others participating in the cleanse are having 'outbursts'. I do NOT want to see what happens when a Yogi has an outburst!!

Today I feel waterlogged and a little underwhelmed. I’m still freezing and not having any fun. I spent 2 hours preping for and making cauliflower soup and a green smoothie….and as it turns out, I don’t care for either one. In a moment of not being mindful, I lopped off part of my thumb with an apple corer and then followed that up by blowing the lid off of the blender which sent the the 2 cups of cauliflower soup that was in it sailing all over me and the rest of the kitchen. Burned like hell when it hit my eyes and now everything in the kitchen has an orange hue to it from the Turmeric.  I already know the Painter (that would be Patrick) will not be amused.  This is now 2 rooms the Turmeric has taken over. I see being grounded in my near future! Note: if you have a food processor, use it instead of the blender…works better and there’s no pressure build-up from any remaining heat coming off of the food. Just an observation from my kitchen to yours.

No food cravings, although at this point the thought has crossed my mind to live out the rest of the week on hot water with lemon, flaxseed tea, rice, room-temperature vegetables and apples.

Hoping tomorrow is better........

1 comment:

The Onion said...

Seriously, can you even leave the bathroom?